Queendom Relics by Rea'

Monday, July 30, 2012

Red, White and Blue

Red, white and cool... I finished my  July tag for 12 Tags of 2012 with Tim Holtz. I had this piece left over that I had played with and decided to turn it into a tag for the Inspiration Journal Blog Challenge. July's challenge is  a Red, White and Blue theme.  I kept looking at this piece and my mishap toward the middle looked like a flower so I decided to create this unique  image. I used one of my G45 stamps for the lady and then a random flower from my stash to create textured petals. Sorry I did not think to take a picture before I stamped the lady so that you could see what inspired this image.


This was a challenge within a challenge. I had to use  items on my work table to create this tag. I colorized the bling using alcohol ink so that the bling was the same color as the compressed air images.
I used cardstock scraps to create a crop for my center piece. The piece went from trash to unique treasure using my imagination ( I wish you could have been in my head at the beginning).


Using my Tim Holtz stamps I stamped a partial July Calendar, and a post card stamp. I had already stamped the eagle, so I needed to do something to "pull" everything together. Since I had an eagle I went for the feathers for an accent. It needed some more red, so looking at the lady's hat I decided on a red flower. It was a "stretch" to pull it together but I think I accomplished it and had fun in the process. Imaginations are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment