Queendom Relics by Rea'

Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Uncle Bobby

In Loving Memory of the "Other Man" in my life , Happy 83rd Birthday Uncle Bob... Miss you so much, Love you forever + 3 days !!
I thank God everyday for the privilege of having grown up with a loving family. I have fond memories of my dad and my uncle. My dad was killed in an auto accident in 1980; although I missed my dad very much ( and he couldn't be replaced); God Blessed me with a "stand-in" dad, in the person Robert E. Joe, affectionately known as the "Other Man in My Life ". For many years  up until a few  weeks before his passing, he drove across the freeway to come visit me whether at home or on my job to bring chocolate, strawberries and "lunch money"! I always felt so very special. He rarely missed any milestones in my life (even those that were only important to me)! I'm grateful for those special moments. I miss the weekly  phone calls, we had our own special "banter"; the trading of the soups and soup recipes, the lunches, brunches, the pop in visits, the cute notes left for missed visits, the flowers, the candy,  and the hugs and of course those "just because gifts! Even though I miss ALL of these things, I take great Joy in the memories of such a Special Love !  I'm Proud to be a " Joe" and to have been raised and loved by Joe men;  Ross L. Joe, Jr. and Robert E. Joe. Happy Birthday Uncle Bobby ( he liked to be called Uncle Bob... but he'll always be Uncle Bobby to me; and he knew that )!

No comments:

Post a Comment