Queendom Relics by Rea'

Thursday, July 31, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 July Tag


Hi everybody ! Are you melted ? It has been so very hot ... the water is running off of my face. It is 92 right now. It has been hot at night too ... last night at midnight it was still 82  !!!
Well it's tag time ... I'm late this month ... still having computer and telephone issues ... so I'm hoping for the best. 
I think Tim out did himself on this tag! That sea and sand die is so awesome and the bubble embossing folder is way cute. I don't know which technique was my favorite; the crackle paint on the sea horse and the touch of gold and black   paint spritzed on it was just amazing. I loved watching it unfold before my eyes; the colors were just amazing. The spritzer is fun...






 Confession time... my  "selective" dyslexia kicked in on the embossing folder ( guess I have to start using mine more often so I'll remember how to place them in the folder ) you would think I could figure out something so simple. Thank God for Tim's tutorials ( yes, I went back to consult it ... it was frustrating not being able to figure it out... even looking at Tim's I was still unsure).
Another reason I "love" Tim so much ... the resources are readily available to brush up on anything you may have forgotten... Thank you Tim ! I felt so stupid I did not want to e-mail him for that question ... but he does answer his e- mails. I'm embracing my imperfections in that area!

 My goodness the colors for this tag so yummy; and the background was fun to do ... do you ever just look at the techniques and take in the awesomeness of the distress paint, distress inks and the distress stains ( it's so easy to get catch up in the process and miss their awesomeness ... maybe it's just me, but as I did this tag I really reflected on what I was doing and my expectations... gave me such a cool feeling of accomplishment! I was thinking beach and waves the whole time I was working ( it was 90 at my house late into the evening ).



Okay ... making the sand was a pretty cool technique... I liked it but did not like it ( maybe the lateness of the hour was messing with me) I was frustrated I had sand everywhere ... might be because I had the fans going ... duh !! It does look so cool. The sand dollar is too cool ... looks so real
, and the starfish... just awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment