Queendom Relics by Rea'

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flower !

It's Tag Time ! You know I'm following Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012 challenge right ? Last month I was falling over my bottom lip because I did not have the supplies. When I saw this month's tag at first glance I thought WOO HOO ... I GOT THIS !! Going down the supply list ... OH NO !!! NO white roses, No vermilion or cobalt blue ink, No cash keys,...NO SPRING COLORS EITHER!!! NO ... NO... NO...!!! A day later ( must have a pout day ) I dug in my stash .... singing " I'm gonna do this, I am, I am ...". It first looked intimidating ( I do what appear to be the hardest parts first), so the flowers were done first ... I did not have white roses, I had a few light blue so I tweaked them a bit I used wild honey, spun sugar, festive berry and evergreen bough distressing inks to colorize my flowers (I'm thinking not spring... well sort of), then I added another sprig of white flowers that I colored with wild honey( thinking yeah, this will work). This technique was so fun, I was actually pleased with them. Next the pattern tissue; no problem I have lots of old patterns, and yay, I have the stamp set. Using faded jeans and fired brick worked well, I even used a hint of fired brick on the spun sugar flower to make a darker flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment