Queendom Relics by Rea'

Thursday, November 1, 2012

CC2 Challenge 26

Crumpled Kraft Suede

What an awesome technique this week...I say that all the time don't I ? But really we have been learning some awesome techniques. You gotta check out Linda's work ( and the others too) at her blog http://studiol3.blogspot.com/.  The work is amazing; what's even more amazing is that we have an opportunity to win a $25 gift certificate from this week's sponsors The Funkie Junkie  Boutique  http://www.thefunkiejunkie.com/... how cool is that!
Okay, you know the drill I cannot give you instructions...BUT I can tell you where to find them; turn to page 40 in Tim Holtz's A Compendium of Curiosities Volume II ( you've gotten your book by now right? ).
My weapons of choice this week are peeled paint distress stain, copper and green patina  perfect pearls, and spun sugar distress marker. I created my background for my tag per page 40.
I then added  one of the Shanghai Girls cut from Graphic 45 Bird Song Collection paper. To give it more definition I created an inner frame with my spun sugar distress marker and I used vintage photo distress ink for the outer edges. I fussy cut flowers from the Good Fortune paper (G45 also), I highlighted the flowers with the spun sugar marker and green patina perfect pearls on the leaves, and dabs of copper perfect pearls in flower centers. My finishing touches were to pop up the flowers with pop dots, then I added a bow at the top which I colorized with peeled paint distress stain. Can't believe how easy that was, such a great look ... feels cool too !

No comments:

Post a Comment