Queendom Relics by Rea'

Sunday, November 30, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 November Tag

WOW... where did November go ... it's the 30th ALREADY ! Well ... I'm last minute AGAIN! My die did not come ( you know how I like using what Tim used) I don't have any of the new die texture fade combo sets yet . Surprisingly I could not find it locally. I used my gift certificate to purchase the leaf die but they were on "reserve until 20th of November ( so I really thought it would be here :(
I thought of not doing the tag until my die arrived but the thought of being left out killed me.
So I had a Plan B ... so I thought ... Plan B did not work so well. I had wanted to use the bell die but I could not figure out how to position it on the die so that I could cut just the bell  "negative" without breaking my frame ... oh well some of us can't walk and chew bubble gum LOL !!

ANYWAY I attempted a couple of things to  make a tag using these techniques. I played around until I found one of my dies that could "stand alone" going through the big shot.  I  chose  the gentleman from the Victorian Carolers ; my background is  Sheet Music Texture fade. This was a fun process trying to position the sheet music so that I captured parts that could be distinguished.
I did not want to completely change my color palette as I had everything all laid out. So I chose evergreen bough, tumbled glass, broken china, forest moss, rusty hinge,  and antique linen.
Interesting colors for caroler don't you think !







I was getting more and more frustrated along the way until I added the foil ... OMG ... this is so amazing... and so easy !

The Distress stain spray such a cool touch( once you get  the hang of the use) . I remembered all the things Tim had said while he was demoing with it at the Carson Stamp show ... in my mind I pretended I was him doing it ... LOL ... little more practice needed here :)

So I won't be left out ... I do hope you enjoyed my tag ... I certainly enjoyed it ( the techniques were awesome ! See you next time ! Thanks for visiting !

No comments:

Post a Comment