Queendom Relics by Rea'

Friday, September 26, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 September Tag

Hi everybody... it's that time again! It has finally cooled off a bit here so I've been able to get something done. It was only about  89 degrees  I think today.
Well ... Tim has done it again ... all I could  say when I first saw this one  was WOW! Now having finished it I'm saying WHEW !






.
I don't know where to start... the techniques were amazing and I did a whole lot of embracing the process. Tim suggested that  when doing a new technique we  remember it may not be perfect the first time ... hahaha , not second time either. I seem to be in a season of mishaps ( I'd like to think it was the hot weather ) nobody can have that many mishaps ; can they ??
First my mixatives would not mix ... they may have been too old.  Then the tip on my lake mist ink cracked and fell off; and ink went all over my mat ( I had all the things laid out because you have to work quickly with the alcohol inks) luckily I was able to swiftly move things out of the way and still save some lake mist for my project GRRR ... needless to say my first attempt wasn't the best ... so I tried again hahaha ... I should have cleaned up and gone to bed ! Mr. Holtz ... I'm embracing the process!
Adding new mixatives , and  new lake mist alcohol ink and an eye dropper ( to suck up excess ink from future mishaps ) to my next order :)

On a happier note the rest of the tag went well. Those butterflies are a "doosey " to get positioned the way you like ... I'm seriously out of my comfort zone. They were very easy to make; I love that butterfly strip and the technique for colorizing and stamping them was very cool. At this point  I'm loving my tag ... it's finished and I'm not bald headed hahaha ! On the serious side I'm pleased with myself that I stuck with it ... because I seriously considered giving up on this one. It looks amazing!
I like the background color and my "special " markings  ( my stencil work) actually look pretty good.
My favorite part was using the remnant rubs ... I love those and they add such an awesome touch!
Well that's it for now I'm off to finish my CC3 Challenge #11 ... see you soon !
Oh Happy Autumn !

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rea
    what a great tag and a fantastic use of colour, it might have taken a while to get there but it really was worth it
    Hugs Ria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ... it was worth it ! Thank you Ria !

    ReplyDelete