Queendom Relics by Rea'

Friday, August 29, 2014

Everything Goes

Everything Goes is the August Challenge for Inspiration Emporium http://blog.inspirationemporium.com/ . All month the Designers have shared some amazing inspiration!
I decided to give it a go...  I've created a card... Many of my friends are cancer survivors and periodically I like to send cards of encouragement.


I fell in love with Tim Holtz Wallpaper Stash ... so I used a paper from there as my background. It had soft colors that  " spoke " to me.  I wanted it to be unique; so I went with a folded stitched pocket  with an insert . It's such a fun design.
I've seen this design in the past and just fell in love with it. I don't recall the exact measurements for the card I had seen but my card measures approximately  5x6 ; with a  41/4 x 5 3/4 insert.
I folded the card and stitched it with ivory thread ( creating the pocket), folded back approximately
1 1/2 inch ( the measurements were not exact). I inked all the edges with vintage photo distress ink.



 Using my doily layering stencil  and pumice stone distress ink I created a doily on the folded flap; I then used the heart stencil and worn lipstick distress ink to add hearts. For the insert I used  a scrap from the same paper and stitched a piece of pink vellum over it. On the vellum I repeated a similar doily pattern with hearts.


 
 I used a cloth flower ( it was taupe/beige) I used worn lipstick distress ink on the petals sand spritzed them with water and used my water brush for more defined shading in areas. Then I used antique linen distress glitter to cover a button in the center... ok ,  that was fun I got carried away with the heat tool and it bubbled ... not to worry I carefully used my fingers to smooth the glitter around the button.

In my stash I found a paper bird ( I think it was from Michael's ) I lightly inked the edges with vintage photo; went around the birds belly lightly with worn lipstick distress ink... oh so cute!
I used  the Hope adage ticket inked the edges lightly with a combination of vintage photo and worn lipstick distress ink. I played around with the linen ribbon I loved the texture and the color... but it didn't quite work for me ... not "soft" enough for the rest of the card; so I used a taupe sheer ribbon !
I was pleased with the outcome ... simple but uniquely pretty !


No comments:

Post a Comment