Queendom Relics by Rea'

Thursday, July 31, 2014

CC3 Challenge #7


Oh my it's that time again... CC3  Challenge # 7 !
Have you accepted these Challenges yet ! How's it going for you? Well Linda Ledbetter over at 
Studio L3  http://queendomrelics.blogspot.com/2014_07_01_archive.html          and The CC3 Crew are working it !!  If you go over and check out her blog you can read all the pertinent details for joining the challenges. Our sponsor for this Challenge #7  is  Inspiration Emporium  http://www.inspirationemporium.com/ . My friend Joy and her family own this store ... it's amazing !
The prize should you be chosen the lucky winner is a $50 Gift Certificate to their store ... Woo Hoo !!
Not only do we get a chance at this ... we get to be in the running for The CC3 Crew's  "pick" ... their prize is goodies from my friends Mario and Tim ( yes... I said MY Friends) ... you know anything that Mario puts together is pretty AWESOME !!
If you think you want to join us and you need a jump start check out the projects the crew has done... these projects are over the top awesome ... I'm glad we don't have to pick winners from this group; it is fun to  check out their work and  show them some love. They have got some pretty cool blogs too !
Alright you ready ? Challenge #7  is found in Tim Holtz's  A Compendium of Curiosities Volume III
p. 46 Painted Industrial !



I won't give you any detailed instructions but I will tell you the technique is so very cool!
OMG... fun, fun ,fun !  I had company for this Challenge ... I chose to use my Julie Nutting Doll Stamp "Priscilla" . One of my missions in doing the challenges is to use my "stash" and my tools that I have so nicely accumulated . Miss Priscilla was one of my UFO's (unfinished objects) ... she fit in so well with this challenge don't you think ? Steampunk anyone ?

I had gotten this cool textured paper from Michael's that I wanted to try for her outfit ; then I decided I needed to do something interesting for her stockings; so I used my Tim Burlap Stencil, a mini blending tool and  distressing ink ( I believe I used salty ocean ... it was on my table... this was a spur of the moment decision ) . I added small floral brads to her boots and her hat ...
Now I needed to pull this together so I visited the Queendom stash and found a small photo from Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante, added some Tim Holtz  embellishments, a little black netting and braid trim sand we "hooked" Priscilla up... she's good to go !
Thanks for visiting I do hope to see you again! I am still working on the  Bluetooth issue... I seem to have found a temporary solution ( after spending 45 mins with a tech guy at ATT & T.

Bottomline... my phone is "old"  their updates did not support  my system ! Translation : gonna have to invest in another phone that will accommodate my desires ... hummm ...
Last time the temporary fix lasted  a little under an hour... gotta go bluetooth some other stuff before it stops again ... see you next week. :)



2 comments:

  1. Rosann....great tag! Really nice job on the painted industrial technique that you've used in your background. Thanks for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete