Queendom Relics by Rea'

Friday, July 4, 2014

CC3 Challenge #5

Happy 4th of July Everybody !  WOW ... where has that time gone? Here I am "workin' " this deadline.  Can you believe we are on Challenge #5 ? You know Linda Ledbetter over at http://lindaledbetter.com/2014/06/compendium-of-curiosities-3-challenge-5.html  is the coolest host ; she and the Curiosity Crew have such a great Challenge laid out for us.
Before I get to that let me just tell you our sponsor this week is Inspiration Emporium...  and the prize is a $50 dollar ( yes $50 dollar ! ) gift certificate to be used in their store. Now if you have never been to their online store you NEED to scoot over there http://www.inspirationemporium.com/ and check them out ... I own a good part of their stock but there is more for you to check out! A girl can never have to much Tim Stash !! Speaking of Tim; Tim and Mario have put together a little stash for the Curiosity Crew to share with some lucky soul  who becomes Curiosity Crew Choice recipient!
Talk about some awesome incentives to participate !!  OMG their work is fabulous... they jump start each challenge with these awesome projects ... you need to check them all out in order to be eligible for Tim and Mario stash ... but it's so easy... just check them out and show em' some love!
Okay ...   Challenge  #5 is  Distress WaterColoring Part I  found on page  39 of  A Compendium of Curiosities Volume III . Did you get your copy ? I sure hope so. You know the drill I will not be giving instructions !!!


I had so much fun with this until I started putting the components together ... I got interrupted so many time that I lost my creative train of thought . Bummer !



Anyway once I regrouped I was sort of able to recapture my original ideas. I used several of my Tim Holtz toys and I just had myself a ball. I used my rosette die... I had to go back and revisit the video to remember the new way of doing them... OMG so much simpler. I used two of my stencils; the stars and the stripes; I used some embossing powder and that cool word play die ; I played with some embossing paste and even used my spritzer ... I just had a great time !
Hope you'll be able to see some of the details.




I'm very pleased with how my watercoloring pieces came out . It is so rewarding to try a technique and see it unfold right before your eyes. I've done something I never imaged I would do ; thanks to Tim !
Well that's it for now... see you later ! Be safe !!

2 comments:

  1. Hello gorgeous layout! Love the watercoloring and the patriotic theme! This is a super marvelous design! Thank you so much for joining us in this watercolory challenge here at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita ! Thank you for all the kind words it's always neat to have you visit !

    ReplyDelete