Queendom Relics by Rea'

Monday, March 31, 2014

The One That Didn't Make It

Okay... I'm sharing this post because these last two weeks have been rough and I was so determined to get this project done... BUT I missed the deadline... imagine that ! :)

I love Eclectic Paperie's Challenges ... sometime I actually post my projects ... but most of the time I participate in my mind :) . Do check out their blog http://eclecticpaperie.blogspot.com/. They are doing something new this year... I haven't quite gotten my schedule aligned  with theirs yet!
Last months challenge was altered books.
 I altered a book I bought from the thrift shop... so much fun!





There is no title on it yet because I'm not sure what I want to put on it.
I used Tim Holtz's  Melange  Tissue Wrap and Graphic 45's Sweet Chamomile from the Botanical Tea Collection to cover my book. I embellished it with Idea-ology word bands and vintage corners; ribbon and pearls from my Michael's stash. Oh I almost forgot I used my Tim Holt's Latticework Stencil too !  This was my first altered book using gesso... a new experience for me but I will be using it again. I've seen several uses of the gesso and I'm anxious to try my hand at it. Well that's it for now. My CEO ( Lefty ... the oldest cat) is rolling his eyes at me; I have made a big mess today ... working on three projects ; his favorite spot is cluttered !
Have a great night... don't forget tomorrow is April Fools Day ! I shall behave ( maybe...)!
April Fool's Day has always been one of my favorite days. Of course I missed it last year as I was admitted to the hospital ... so I may have to make up for  a missed year... hummm ...

No comments:

Post a Comment