Queendom Relics by Rea'

Monday, March 31, 2014

Splash Of Color

Splash Of Color March Monthly Challenge


Hi everybody... March is marching right on out as fast as it came... did you notice that ?
WOW that time flew by... Well I'm here last minute again... but you know how I love to play! Inspiration Emporium's  http://blog.inspirationemporium.com/?p=2114um  theme this month  is Splash of Color.
Having been sick for a week and a half I didn't know definitely what I wanted to do. I started out with one plan... BUT my mind and my hands were not working together... I had two components of this project done and they were NOT working together as I had dreamed it ( back to the drawing board ... lol )!
Okay so my background was all complete... I was really liking it but my Julie Doll's outfit wasn't working for me ... OH YEAH ... I forgot to tell you... I'm playing with a little bit of Everybody today... Wendy Vecchi, , Tim Holtz and Julie Nutting.

I was having a play with the toys you have kind of day. I had this handmade piece of  card stock with these distressed edges, that was just begging to be inked with a combination of Tim Holts distressing ink  and Wendy Vecchi  archival inks ... going for the brights !! I used peeled paint, wild honey, shabby shutters (Tim Holtz) , potting soil and orange blossom (Wendy Vecchi). A yummy combination! I used Wendy's fresh flower stencil and Tim's latticework stencil . I absolutely loved the results. I used Tim's Classic #4 stamp set as well ! Next I played around with Julie's new Taylor Doll Stamp oh what fun ( there was a Taylor 1 and a Taylor 2... Taylor 1 was NOT playing well with the background... don't know what made me think that was going to work... maybe I'll share Taylor 1 in a later post... Okay so I'm "Out here" ... now what ! You ever have those moments?? I'm going to blame it on the aftermath of my bad cold ... lol !
Anyway... I just played... something to hang-up in my room ( on the back of the door ...hahaha) ! I'll call it an experiment... maybe I'll revisit it when I'm feeling better ... in the mean time enjoy. Go check out the  blog at Inspiration Emporium    http://blog.inspirationemporium.com/?p=2114 ... those girls were amazing with their Splashes. Alright see you next month !

No comments:

Post a Comment