Queendom Relics by Rea'

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January Get Altered Challenge

 
 
Hi everybody ! WOW I've been busy, how about you ? With CHA wrapping up I thought I would get in a challenge. Oh no cutting it real close. The first challenge I'm participating in is Eclectic Paperie's January Get Altered Challenge. They always have such fun challenges and it's very hard to pass it up. You should go over and check them out  http://eclecticpaperie.blogspot.com/2014/01/hearts-january-get-altered-challenge.html. This months theme hosted by Sue Lelli is hearts.
My project is an altered heart shape  dish . I found a pewter dish that I wanted to try my hand at Tim Holtz's faux patina technique from his Compendium of Curiosities Vol.II . I used bottle, lettuce, and stream alcohol ink. The dish I chose was a little difficult to do, but very interesting.
Once my dish dried I had my hubby drill holes in it for me as I wanted to make it a hanger for my craft room.
Using spun sugar and Victorian velvet distressing ink I colorized the crinkle ribbon and some paper flowers. I set them aside to dry. I found a vintage photo in my laboratorie paper stash from Tim Holtz; punched it out with my  scalloped heart punch and layered it and popped it up with pop dots on a parchment looking sheet of paper. I placed it in the center of my dish and embellished the edges with bling ( a girl gotta have bling). In my stash I found a small piece of crocheted lace ( also a treasure from my thrift store), some small paper flowers leftover from a previous project ( I'm starting out my year trying to use things from my wonderful stash to create projects). The "finds" are amazing... I found a heart shaped button, a stick pin with pearls on it and some small ivory colored hearts. I added a little highlight to my project with interference red perfect pearl mist. It still needed something else so I added small hearts and tiny bling to the ribbon! It didn't quit come out the way I
wanted but I'm not too disappointed. I will probably go back and "tweak" it I could not find more of the tiny roses (I want them at the top where I attached the ribbon) ... I know I have some ... BUT I would not have made the deadline if I stopped to hunt for them... so there you have it ... my Vintage Heart Hanger!    Below is a close up photo !
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment