Queendom Relics by Rea'

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Altered Bottle Challenge

Altered Bottle Challenge

Hi everybody... Burr ... are you feeling that chill? It's been pretty cold here! The unusual cold inspired my altered bottle for Eclectic Paperie : Altered Bottle Challenge http://eclecticpaperie.blogspot.com/2013/12/altered-bottle-december-get-altered.html . Altered bottles always intrigued me. Mine was originally going to be a Santa Bottle... I was experimenting and dropped a snow branch from a Christmas pick into the bottle; it would not turn the way I wanted it to, and when I tried to retrieve it some of the snow came off on the inside of the bottle ( light bulb moment ... snow scene inside). And the Snowman Bottle idea began to take shape.
I forgot to take a picture of the bottle before I started ( I got so excited and just started right in). The bottle is a Nest Fragrances bottle that I found at my favorite thrift store. Such a cool bottle.








Anyway I left the evergreen snow branch (Christmas Pick from Michael's) inside added some mini pearl snowflakes and mini pompoms from my Dress It Up stash... oh so cool real snowflakes, real snow.! Celebrating my new freedom... I can now travel to my craft room ( I'm out of the boot and not so restricted) ... I gathered things from my Queendom stash... oh so much fun; E-Z rub ons, Bazzill Bling, Wendy Vecchi embossing paste, Tim Holtz  dot fade layering stencil, silver stickles, Merry Minis mirror ornaments, DMC floss and Celebrate It, and Craftsmart ribbon... OMG ... I got excited just gathering the things.
I never used my E-Z rub on transfers on  glass; they were old didn't know if they were going to work... WooHoo... they worked!!  Wanted to try for some snow effect with embossing paste (never did that before either)... so cool... Tim Holtz Dot Fade ... omg perfect ;  then decided to add some silver stickles... so very cool !!  I added bling to the snow flakes, so fun !
Finishing touches I added a tag and button  from My Minds Eye Lost and Found Christmas Collection; stringing them on blue DMC embroidery floss ( help highlight blue in snowman's jacket
, added the mirrored mini ornaments ... great chill factor... also brought out the silver of the top; added some white fun fur... highlighted the fringe on the snowman's scarf and finally a red bow!
I was so tickled with how it came out. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did !!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Anyone would be delighted to receive that altered bottle as a gift.
    diane @ aug's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it and I had to chuckle because I have those "lightbulb" moment ALL THE TIME. I love how your bottle turned out, awesome centerpiece and I am so glad you joined the eTeam in our December Get Altered Challenge.

    uh after looking at your bottle again, that bottle would also look awesome with a sprig of evergreen in it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Micki ! It's always fun to join you creative "Girls" ... you have such fun challenges !

    ReplyDelete