Queendom Relics by Rea'

Monday, June 24, 2013

April Tag 12 Tags of 2013

Hi everybody! It's been a while... well you know how I hate to be left out.. in April due to deaths in the family I did not do my April tag. I tried to be OK with not doing it , but that DID NOT work for me ... LOL. So I'm happy to report I did my April tag!
 So glad I did , it was loaded with cool techniques. I love the distress paints and how they blend; and the layering of the paints with the distressing inks was amazing
You know I can't complete a tag with out something happening... I went to use my brand new salty ocean distress paint and at a crucial point, the whole top came off and paint went all over my mat ... I snatched up my tag so it didn't get soaked and I used a piece of card stock to steer the running paint away from the area I had set up ( you have to check out Tim's site timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2013-april/ ) to see the process for colorizing the tag background... but I had my other two mediums on my mat ready to go ...FORTUNATELY ... my steering job worked so I could go ahead and complete that part BEFORE cleaning up my spilled paint... quite a save  ( those mats... Ranger  craft mat are awesome to clean up, I ran it under warm water... rinsed right off... Thank Goodness !
Oh and the patina techniques for the metals... so awesome, way too much fun. Another fun tag!! I got carried away on the dragon fly wings so I had to reheat them and smooth them out a couple of times... you really gotta check it out; better yet do one if you haven't done it yet.
Okay that's it for April chit chat, see you in a few minutes, with my June tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment