Queendom Relics by Rea'

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Compendium Challenge 34

Compendium Challenge 34
The One That Didn't Make It

Hi everybody... Happy Thursday! What a day it's been . Well Compendium Challenges are winding down. I did not submit my project this time , my other activities this week did not allow me the time I needed to participate. But I had to at least attempt it.
Boy oh boy was that a challenge. This week the challenge was Glazed Mosaics p. 60 in Tim Holtz's book A Compendium of Curiosities Volume II ( I'm still playing by the rules... you gotta go to the book for instructions ). Do go and check out  Linda's blog http://studiol3.blogspot.com/. There are some other amazing projects for you to see.

I must admit, even I had to laugh at my tag; don't know where this idea came from ( must be the drugs from the dental work I had done today ). My imagination was running WILD... I guess this could fall under the category of whimsical... it was fun!

My "unsuspecting" weapons of choice this week were my Crafty Secrets  Alice In Wonderland stamp set, my Tim Holtz Mixed Media Stamps. I was clearing off my work area and I had a tag that I had used to "mop" up excess distress stains from a previous project... I do this and set the tag aside for some future use... so it's got a combination of colors of distress stains  ( fired brick, broken china, brushed pewter and tarnished brass). I distressed the edges with brushed corduroy distressing ink. For my mosaic pieces I used  wild plum, shell pink, salmon, cloudy blue, aqua and stream alchol inks. To finish off the tag I used eyelash yarn to add more whimsy. Hope you enjoyed seeing it as well as I did creating it. I believe we have one more challenge... I'm sure gonna try to complete that one!
If I don't ... thank you so much for visiting me here at QueendoomRelics... do come again. I look forward to an inspirational 2013 !

No comments:

Post a Comment