Queendom Relics by Rea'

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Inspiration Journal October Challenge

Inspiration Journal October Challenge Spooktacular Decoration

Wow ... cuttin' it close ! I wasn't going to try to complete my project, BUT...it was so much fun
I needed to share!  I created this hanger re purposing the flaps from a cardboard box, string from a package, dryer sheets and an imagination :) !
I used my Tim Holtz distressing inks ; ripe persimmon, seedless preserves,spiced marmalade, dusty concord and peeled paint to color the card board. I distressed the edges and the torn areas ( torn to expose the ribbing) with black soot distressing ink... love the effect! I used Tim's rickety house die that I cut from black corrugated cardstock, using the boo die I die cut 31 and covered it with glitter ( using the technique from the October Tag of 12 Tags of 2012) to create the glitter. I experimented and used my on the edge picket fence die to cut the burlap fence... very tricky technique. I used stretched and torn used dryer sheets to create the "wisp" in the sky and the spider web at the bottom.
Let's see... I used the rosette die to create the flower and the Tim Holtz stamp for the calendar. Oh yes the witch  and the bats are a Tim Holtz die also.  The pumpkins, skeleton and words came from my K&Company stash. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it. And thank God it survived the cats... Tiny Tim thinks it's hanging for him !!

No comments:

Post a Comment