Queendom Relics by Rea'

Monday, September 24, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 22

CC 2 Challenge 22 Riveted Patchwork

Yay ! It's not Thursday and I'm done ! This weeks challenge is from Tim Holtz's book A
Compendium of Curiosities Volume II p. 57. Linda at  http://studiol3.blogspot.com/ says we could use our September Tag from 12 Tags of 2012 but I wanted to try this again ( you'll have to visit Tim's site to see September's Tag or my blog).
That patchwork made me think of the Tin Man from Graphic 45's The Magic of Oz Collection ( I actually dreamt about this tag) so I decided to use the Tin Man tag from Tags 2 and I cut out the magic of Oz card from Journey to Oz. paper. It was interesting trying to translate what I saw in my dream to this tag. Again , you know I love my Tim toys (Idea-ology) so I used a hinge clip, swivel clasp,wish word stick,and sprockets gears and of course mini fasteners and jump rings. I cut a grunge heart using my mover and shapers heart die , I distressed it using fired brick and worn lipstick, pumice stone distressing ink and stamped it with a music stamp using sepia archival ink. I distressed the edges of the Magic of oz card and rolled the edge. I also used vintage photo distress ink on the edges.
 I used fired brick and worn lipstick distress ink to colorize my ribbon. My final touches were the mini heart brads (Making Memories) and red jewels from my stash. Hope you enjoy my tag as much as I enjoyed creating it!
Oh, I forgot to tell you  The Funkie Junkie Boutique is this weeks sponsor. They are offering a $25 gift certificate for the winner of this weeks challenge. Stop by  and visit them http://www.TheFunkieJunkie.com and don't forget to stop by StudioL3 and check out the competition!  Thanks for visiting... see you next time !

No comments:

Post a Comment